Carbon dioxide (CO2) has a toxic feature that – even in low concentrations – can damage your health. High CO2 concentrations can cause dizziness, convulsions, unconsciousness and even death. To prevent life-threatening risks, the legal requirements were tightened. Rooms in which CO2 bottles and beverage containers are connected for consumption must be protected. Likewise, all walk-in cold rooms are to be protected. Exception: naturally ventilated rooms with non-closable openings.
As soon as CO2 escapes, the KUNDO warning unit converts the measuring signals of the sensor unit into visual and audible warning signals. If KUNDO itself has a fault this will be signaled as well. An operator button is available for initializing and acknowledging an alarm.
The sensor unit in the compact aluminium die-cast housing is very insensitive. The connection is made with a connector. Sensors must be replaced every four years. And every two years, the gas detection system KUNDO must be checked for leaks.